Thursday, April 22, 2010

TV REVIEW: GOSSIP GIRL: The UnBlairable Lightness of Being


I’ve decided to do reviews on my favorite TV Shows or TV shows that I really like or really hate. And now, I’ll be reviewing GOSSIP GIRL.

I’ve seen ALL episodes of the show GOSSIP GIRL ever since it became available on Cable. I was excited when I went to the States because I would be able to get fresh Gossip Girl episodes even before Filipino fans can see them. And so now, I get to review the show for my own writing exercise basically and my entertainment next.

EPISODE TITLE: The Unblairable Lightness of Being

WARNING: Possible spoilers!

THE GIST: Blair refuses Chuck’s advances for reconciliation. Carter is back. Jenny sabotages Serena and Nate. Serena finally goes to the house where her dad is staying and is surprised to find Lily…in a robe! Oh and Dorota and Vanja get married.


Blair and Chuck finally get some spice in their relationship after becoming a bit boring. Blake Lively’s character Serena’s behavior comes expectedly. For the past three years, she does have trust issues whether it’s with her mom Lily, ex-boyfriend Dan, best friend Blair and boyfriend Chuck. She doesn’t trust anyone who doesn’t already know. Case in point: Carter. The only reason Carter knows about Serena’s search for her dad is because she might’ve accidentally confided in him and probably got too scared or ashamed to confide in anyone else. Serena probably takes after her mom Lily with the latter having secrets on her own. Rumor is she has a secret that is a matter of life and death. Wink, wink.

Jenny’s behavior seems to be getting worse. She’s still sabotaging Nate and Serena in her attempt to steal Nate away. I wonder if she’ll succeed. I can’t wait to see the next episode.

Till then.

In the meantime, I think I'll do a Gossip Girl Season 1 and Season 2 marathon this weekend.

XOXO.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment