Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hachiko: A Dog’s Tale

I’ve always loved dogs. I had my first dog when I was 6 years old. I didn’t know then and I don’t know now what breed it was and I didn’t really care. My first dog was perfect: cute, cuddly and furry. She was loyal too. She would chase us whenever my parents and I had to go somewhere. Thankfully, she would get to go home safely. I don’t remember when she died but she got really sick and I cried buckets when she died. My favorite memory of her was when I was crying and she stayed by my side licking my tears away.

I can still name all the dogs I had (all 7 of them) and remember how they all died. I think I’ll name my next dog Hachiko (who will hopefully be either a Belgian Malinois, or a Japanese Akita or Rhodesian Ridgeback) in the hopes that he/she will be as loyal as his/her namesake.

The movie reminded me of my first dog and how I will always be a dog-person. :)

220px-Hachi_poster

 

No comments:

Post a Comment