Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adele – Someone Like You

Tonight, a BBM contact was listening to Adele and I could see what he was listening to. So out of curiosity, I checked out Adele’s discography.

“Someone Like You” was the most interesting title to me and so I went to a site that could play the song for me.

Listening to the lyrics reminded me of my great love so far.

I was asked by a new girl friend last Friday night if I ever really thought of us (him and me) getting married some day. I answered truthfully and said that it did come up in the conversations we had then. I did like the idea but I don’t think I could’ve married him.

I didn’t believe then that he was the best match for me, hence our break up. Plus, thinking about it now, it wouldn’t have worked out anyway. I know myself. I’m secretly a workaholic but lazy at the same time. I’m thinking that I couldn’t have possibly fit him in with the life I had after graduation.

I had gone to Phoenix One where I met some of the most talented people I know. I wasn’t even able to finish the two year course because I went to the US for a couple of months. When I came back, I was expecting to go to the US again within the year so I decided to work in the BPO industry while waiting. I worked nights since I had to work US hours. What was supposed to be a few months working the night shift ended after four years and two companies.

I loved the night shift for a short while but I was tired all the time. I really can’t see how we could’ve fit each other into a schedule, especially now that I know that he works in the BPO industry as well. We probably wouldn’t have the same rest days, hence we couldn’t really spend time together.

I work days now. He still works at night. Knowing myself, we probably would’ve broken up sometime in the last three years. And I’m not just saying this to console myself. I know it. Because he tried really hard to keep us together but I wanted to do nothing after work. I still don’t want to do anything after work except Friday nights.

In the end, he is with the best girl for him because she gave him what I couldn’t or wouldn’t.

This realization, my friends, is what I can call closure.

What pops out most from Adele’s song? This part right here:

Never mind, I’ll find someone like you. I wish nothing but the best for you two”.

And it IS over for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment