Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Update!

Seriously, I suck at blogging.

I always want to write down things and chronicle my life but I end up doing something better than writing things down.

Being that it’s past my bedtime and I’m still not a bit sleepy, I thought I’d write in here instead of working on that short story I’ve been meaning to write. Obviously, I’m a procrastinator.

Hmm… So what have I been up to lately?

Been to two awesome but completely different concerts the past two weeks. Went to see Lifehouse in Araneta with Kim last May 26 and then got to see NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys) concert over at the SM Arena. Had so much fun!

I lied.

I wanted to write here to clarify something after a certain realization hit me. I’m writing this down way too late and way after the fact but I thought I’d write it down nonetheless.

A few months ago, I took down a post about regret. I thought it was way too personal to have it on the internet. I took it down maybe a few weeks after I put it up.

Anyway, on that post, I expressed regret over something/someone. A couple of months after that post, I realized something: we weren’t meant to be. And I’m not sour-graping or being bitter or trying to make myself feel better here. I’ve realized something:

  • Knowing myself and how I can be a bit of a workaholic, we wouldn’t have worked out anyway.
  • I was just feeling lonely and I missed my friend and not the lovey-dovey relationship I thought I wanted to have with him if he wasn’t already married.

With the state of mind I’ve had for the past couple of months, I couldn’t possibly be in a functional and stable relationship. I’m too involved with myself and my work and my friends. I cherish the free time I have to read and just do nothing.

But don’t get me wrong. I still long for company and await my Prince Charming. Hopefully, the wait won’t be long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment