Monday, March 15, 2010

MOVIE REVIEW: The Proposal

I saw this movie last year when it was shown in theaters in the Metro. I believe I saw it with my parents  on one of our Sunday bonding moments.


Really loved the movie the first time I saw it but unfortunately, I wasn’t much into blogging then.


A friend loaned me a dvd and so here’s a review. (“,)


Sandra Bullock plays Margaret Tate and Ryan Reynolds plays Andrew Paxton.


Margaret is a terrorist in the office. She’s rigid and not really mean but so strict that you really wouldn’t push her or be on her bad side. As you can see in the movie, she’s the type of boss whom you wouldn’t be comfortable being in the same room with. Kind of like Miranda Priestly of “The Devil Wears Prada” fame.


She fires an editor because he was not able to make one of his authors do an interview with Oprah whereas she was able to convince the author of doing the interview earlier. Margaret is then called to the boss’ office to find out that she herself is on the verge of losing her job because her work visa has been denied. Andrew interrupts the meeting and Margaret makes up a story how she and Andrew are getting married soon. The bosses are more amused than convinced but tells Margaret to make everything legal.


Margaret and Andrew make it to Sitka, Alaska where Margaret finds out that Andrew isn’t poor as she thought him to be since his family owns practically the whole town.
Adventures ensue. The especially funny one involves Ramone (played by Oscar Nunez – who kind of reminds me of Rob Schneider), an omnipresent citizen of Sitka.


And as they say, it only takes a day to fall in love with someone and being stuck in Sitka together, they get to know each other well and fall in love in four days.


The immigration officer who suspects that the engagement is a sham shows up at Sitka a day before the wedding.


Margaret feels guilty and cancels the wedding on the day itself. She goes back to New York and packs up all her stuff in the office. Andrew gets to the office and proposes to Margaret in front of all the employees. They kiss and go to the immigration office to prove that they really love each other. The end.


I loved the movie so much that I ended up summarizing the movie. I’ve never done so with my previous reviews.


Watch the movie. It’s funny and romantic and worth your time. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds look great together and have great on-screen chemistry.


Get a copy of the DVD here.


And this is my noise on my choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment