Monday, March 8, 2010

TECH REVIEW: LAPTOP CQ 40-416 AU


I’ve had my CQ40-416AU for almost 3 months now and I must say, I really love it and I’ve had no major problems so far. 

Look for the specs here.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate as my Operating System. The only small problem I noticed is that I’m having a hard time downloading iTunes but it might be my error instead of the laptop.

Webcam’s great. Music sounds nice. All ports are working. Battery life is great.

The only thing I noticed is that the laptop indeed gets really hot. I’ve had several instances over the past three months wherein my laptop freezes and then I have to reboot. This can happen once a day or as many as three to six times a day. I have still yet to buy a cooling pad.

Maybe it’s the Operating System or maybe it’s part of the specs but I haven’t had any lagging issues so far and I hope nothing comes up. I’ve used this laptop mainly for surfing the web and blogging and a little work. I’ve watched a DVD once and the Hi-Def display doesn’t disappoint.

I’m thinking of getting a skin from Skin It or Decal Skin.

My recommendation: Get this laptop if you want something efficient and powerful yet affordable. Just make sure to get a really good cooling pad to go along with it. Look for the US or European version here.

And this is my noise on my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment