Friday, December 31, 2010

A Note To Ex-Lover 1

Dear Ex,

Whenever I hear “Just When I Thought I Was Over You”, I think of you. Even if we broke up 4 years ago and here you are, about to marry in two weeks and a kid on the way.

I want to leave you here in 2010 and I don’t want to bring all my sad thoughts of you and what could’ve been in 2011. I just want to finally get over you within the last few hours of 2010.

I just want you to know, so far, you are my greatest love. Sometimes I do think and tell myself that we wouldn’t have worked out anyway. But we wouldn’t know now, would we? But we broke up for a reason, although I can’t remember what. I just know it was a combination of our mistakes and miscommunication on both sides. But sometimes I think it was mostly because of me.

You are such a great guy. I sometimes lie awake at night wondering if I’ll ever meet someone who will love me like you did and treat me like you did. You treated me like your queen. And I know you’re giving the same treatment, if not more, to your fiancee.

I don’t know if we will ever be friends like we were before we even thought of becoming a couple. So far, whenever we get together with our friends, I am not really comfortable and I’m reminded that it would’ve been easier to have stayed together and how comfortable it was. And to be honest, I’m not really looking forward to that get together we talked about having recently. I don’t think I want to spend any more time with you. Spending time with you just brings back memories of what was and things that could’ve been.

I will forever cherish the time we spent together and you will always be my yardstick, until Mr. Perfect-for-me comes along.

Wish me luck as I wish you much happiness in the future with your future wife and child.

Sincerely,

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I can empathize with you dear, like you I also wanna leave an ex-lover's memory in 2010 ^_^ Someday, you'll read this post again, and laugh and wonder how this feeling has easily gone...Just keep on moving girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynx,

    I'm so looking forward to that day! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete