Sunday, January 23, 2011

An Open Letter to Apple Philippines

Dear Apple Philippines,

I’ve been using iTunes and an iPod since the iPod Nano first came out. I must admit that given the memory capacity of the earlier iPod nano model and the humble beginnings of iTunes, I really didn’t care much for it.

But since then, you and I have gone a long way. I’ve upgraded my iPod Nano twice (to the cute Pink 2nd generation iPod Nano that I’ve stuck for so long while waiting for a worthy upgrade) and now have a 32 GB 4th Generation iPod Touch while you have a handful of iPod generations, iTunes 10 and now available in more places outside the USA.

So, I was thinking, how about an upgrade for your customers in the Philippines? How about offering music, TV and movie downloads to us as well? Most of us have credit cards too, you know, and are very much willing to spend on good music, TV and/or movie downloads, Filipino or otherwise. Heck, we spend on apps now. I think we’d spend on music and movies too.

This will be a win-win situation for everyone: Filipino music artists get to promote their music on iTunes, people like me get to complete an album (hopefully) with album art (without leaving our home to buy the CDs—because honestly, I don’t know what to do with the CD after I’ve copied the songs onto iTunes), and you get to serve your customers AND earn.

And with a little more luck, you might let us download or rent Filipino TV and movies.

Come on, why don’t you try us out for a year or two? If it proves to be not good business, then continue providing just apps to us. But if it’s proven to be profitable, even for just a little, please continue to provide us the service.

Hopefully, I’ll get to see a resolution soon.

Thanks for reading.

Much Respect,

Noisy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment