Sunday, January 16, 2011

When In Rome

I remember wanting to see this with my then-boyfriend when it first came out. But of course, we didn’t and we shall not go into details.

220px-When_in_rome_poster

Anyway, thanks to cable TV, I was finally able to see this movie.

Josh Duhamel looks great and Kristen Bell is just so pretty but they didn’t really have that on-screen chemistry.

The story was a little silly, in my honest opinion, but it suffices for a romantic comedy. The movie reminded me of my dream to go to Italy and Greece, mainly to fall in love with the art, history, place and of course that “one guy who will sweep me off my feet”.

My friend R and I had a heart-to-heart talk yesterday early morning over a bottle of tequila. She was telling me all about the advantages of being single. And because I was a little too sleepy and a little too drunk, I didn’t have the will and the heart to argue to say that I don’t want to be single anymore and that I knew the advantages all too well. I wanted to be a part of a couple. This in spite of having come from a really bad relationship recently…like sometime in 2010. I don’t even care to remember.

Anyway, this movie made me wonder…What it would be like to date a guy from a different race? Of course, he should be human, but you knew that and you knew what I was really sayin’, right?

I would recommend “The Proposal” over this movie. But, like I said, the movie is okay. It suffices for a romantic comedy.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment