Monday, July 12, 2010

Max’s Chicken All You Can Promo

Having heard so much about that Max’s Chicken All You Can Promo, my friends and I decided to try it out last night, July 11,2010 at Max’s – SM Bicutan Branch.

Rolls, her boyfriend Mark, and I met up a little after 6 PM. Rolls and Mark got there before I did and had reserved seats for us. We were 6th in the waitlist. After 15 minutes, I gave the waiter our order for the advanced order and then waited another 15 – 20 minutes to be seated.

We were all pretty excited. I was just psyched to be there with Rolls and Mark. Rhia wasn’t replying to my texts so we had to go on without her (but we missed you very much. :) ). I said I won’t get rice. Rolls said she would. Half lang daw muna. Then when it was time to give our advanced orders, she went for one whole rice.

Mark was getting a little grumpy and I was a little concerned because I wasn’t really hungry. But man, the anticipation of it was enough to get me really excited.

And so by the time our food arrived, Rolls and I were eating pretty slowly while Mark wolfed down his food. That turned out to be a better idea. I was personally taking my time so I wouldn’t feel full right away and that turned out to be a bad idea. I even ordered hot tea just so I could digest the food quickly and be able to eat more chicken to be able to get my money’s worth. That didn’t work either. After 1 cup of tea and 3 cups of hot water, I was still feeling full.IMG_0049

In the end, I think it was only Mark who was able to get his money’s worth, having eaten 5 pieces of quarter chicken. Rolls and I are tied at 2 pieces of quarter chicken each.

Overall fun experience.

But we did notice that the chicken wasn’t as tasty as it would’ve been normally. Mark mentioned that it might be because they had to cook a lot of chicken in such a short amount of time therefore sacrificing quality for quantity.

The three of us definitely won’t be going back to Max’s anytime soon. I personally won’t be eating chicken anytime soon.

  IMG_0055

No comments:

Post a Comment