Monday, July 26, 2010

My Thoughts On Inception

This may be a spoiler for some and uninteresting to others. But I just want to put my thoughts on this movie out there.

Inception. Taking it just as it is, the whole thing was a dream. I think it may have been dreamed by Cobbs. Regardless of whoever dreamed it, it is still a dream.

But here’s a site that may be able to help with the whole metaphorical meaning. It’s my favorite so far. And I’ve been really good at staying away from review sites while I haven’t seen the film. Now that I have, I found this great site that lead me to it.

Here’s a chart I found online. Of course, it may or may not be accurate.

inception

And by the way, I love Ariadne’s name in this movie. The first time I heard it, I thought that’s real clever: using Arachne’s name and turning it to Ariadne the architect (versus Arcache the weaver…as in the dream weaver). But I got my mythology wrong. Ariadne was the one who helped Theseus get out of the labyrinth (I don’t know how to relate Ariadne to the character in Inception because I don’t know if movie Ariadne was able to help movie Theseus get out of the labyrinth like how mythical Ariadne helped mythical Theseus).

No comments:

Post a Comment