Friday, October 15, 2010

Good Luck Me

From “Good Luck Chuck”.

I am the female version of it. 2 out of 5 boyfriends married the girlfriends they had after me. Another one is planning his wedding soon – to his girlfriend after we broke up. And that makes it 3 out 5.

This might be good news to Most Recent Ex. It simply means he might be able to find someone in Dubai who can make him truly happy and be able to love him because of what he can and cannot be. And if that happens, he will be the fourth.

Yes, I’m feeling a little loser-ish. I convince myself that the reason why I haven’t stayed with any of these 5 guys is because they weren’t for me. Or maybe they were but we just couldn’t make it work due to immaturity from both sides. Of course, I can’t convince myself all the time. Sometimes, I concede that it may be wholly my fault and sometimes I think it’s wholly their fault.

But the good news for me is that I will totally get a hot husband (as in male version of Cam played by Jessica Alba in the movie) in the future. This future hot husband will totally kick all ex-boyfriends’ ass when it comes to looks and smarts and humor and loyalty and commitment to moi.

Lord, please haste the day I meet this totally hot future husband so I get to be with him soon.

To future husband: just so you know, we’re totally getting a maid because I know nil about house chores except for cooking rice in the kaldero and washing dishes. And unless you want unclean and unironed clothes, to eat carbonara and paksiw na lechon and/or take out everyday of your life with me, you will totally think that it’s a great idea to have a maid. :) Plus, think of all the fun things better done than chores. LOL.

 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh! Someone has so much conditions! :)) That guy better be loaded with money to cater to you. I didn't know how to do anything at all but now that I'm here, I've acclimated myself to household chores. Funny thing is that it doesn't feel like chores to me because they're such mundane tasks.

    He will find you! Screw the EX boyfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Toni!

    Well, what can I say? I don't want to settle when it comes to settling down. :) LOL.

    And no, he can be not loaded...you know how affordable the cost of living here is compared to the US. I just need hot future husband to be ambitious and working hard towards a goal (also preferably knowing how to cook). It is expensive to raise a family.

    On what you said about doing chores...I have happily married female friends who didn't do chores much when they were single. They said that they've learned to do everything now...like washing their man's clothes personally...out of love. Magbabago daw talaga pag mahal mo yung isang tao. :) So maybe, just maybe, my stand on the maid will change when I meet hot future husband. :) LOL.

    Thanks Toni. I hope we find each other soon too. (",)

    ReplyDelete