Monday, October 18, 2010

I Don’t Know How To Shop

I really don’t.

I got a total of 8 pieces of clothing plus a black bag, 3 bars of chocolate and a pair of tweezers to replace my “lost” one. It’s in quotation marks because I’m sure that my old ones are here somewhere and I’m just too much of a lazy MFB to go looking for it.

And you know how much I spent? I better not disclose the real amount since my mom reads this blog sometimes. But here’s a clue: it’s way too much that I became eligible for a 0% interest payable in 6 months promo for cardholders from SM. Cashier looked incredulous when I said I’d rather charge it straight. She was wide-eyed and asked again if I wanted to pay for it in installments. I really didn’t care because, thank God, I have the means to pay for it with or without an upcoming job and I really was becoming too sleepy. I got tired from trying on so many blouses and slacks and the temperature inside SM was so cool.

Anyway, if I knew how to shop and if I wasn’t so lazy, I’d probably be able to buy more with what I spent. You’ll see why. I’d probably do better in shopping for electronics than most girls but still behind guys in that department. I’m the type of girl who spends money on gadgets rather than clothes.

But maybe this will change now that I’m in the morning shift. I really couldn’t shop back when I was in last company. I was in the night shift. Plus, I could wear jeans starting Wednesday night.

Black Bag Color is "neon pink" I thought this was cute because of the color The black blouse Plaid 1 Plaid 2 New slacks bought because of the button detail  Bought because I figure I need at least 3 pairs of slacks for the four days that we're required to be in business casual Dark chocolates for me and my parents

See my blouses? It’s basically the same blouse, just in different colors. LOL. So now I’m wishing the following:

  • I was 30 lbs lighter.
  • I had more fashion sense.
  • I wasn’t lazy when it comes to shopping for office wear.
  • I had a fashionista friend with me to go shopping with (and probably would’ve saved me money by pointing me to the direction of great finds at more affordable prices).

So I figure I now have a total of 7 button-down blouses and 3 pairs of slacks to mix and match, in compliance with the office dress code, something which I am most uncertain of because I remember going there one Tuesday afternoon and the guys I was going to work with were in jeans and sneakers. On the positive side, I get to have more clothes. But I can be so boyish that I’d end up matching the blouses with a pair of jeans and maybe some heels or sneakers.

And I think my mom will be raiding my closet soon. Again. Which means I really have to slim down so my new clothes won’t fit her. *Evil laugh*.

Ok. Next on my list is a pair of Spanx.

Hmm…now, how to get them here soon?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment