Thursday, October 14, 2010

TV: Glee: Duets

So who didn’t love “Duets”? I mean, seriously.

Noticeable, of course, was the absence of Puck, more than the absences of Emma, Sue and Beiste in this episode.

I loved Rachel and Finn’s version of “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” but loved “River Deep, Mountain High” more by Santana and Mercedes. I was almost left speechless marveling at Santana’s voice and wondering why she didn’t sing more songs in Season 1.

Artie almost looked scared of Brittany before she carried him out of the wheelchair and onto the bed.

Artie: Is this the part where you take my virginity?

Brittany: Before we duet, we do it.

Funny.

Great number by Mike and Tina. A fitting song too, though I can’t help but think that Harry might’ve faked not being able to sing as well. But then again, it was just really great to “hear” him perform and not just see him do his stuff. I’m just really happy that he was finally able to get his “break-out” role. :)

Great chemistry, I think, for Sam and Quinn. Loved their date scene. That’s right. A gentleman always pays for the first date. 

Felt really sad Brittany. The scene where she’s pushing a meatball with her nose like on Disney’s “The Lady and the Tramp” was so…poignant.

All in all, the episode tackled sexuality (Brittany/Santana, Artie/Brittany and Kurt/Sam but not so much) and all the other stuff teens go through.

Great episode come back from “Grilled Cheesus”. I’m looking forward to the next episode. It’s supposed to be a theme episode in time for Halloween. I hope it’s good.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment