Saturday, October 2, 2010

TV Overload & Mexican Cravings

I’ve just been utterly addicted to online TV.

I find it immensely satisfying that I get to watch episodes in advance in comparison to what is currently being shown on either cable or free TV.

Just within a 15-hour period, I was able to watch two episode of The Tudors (Season 4, Episode 7 & 8) and an episode each from Hellcats and The Vampire Diaries. Say we average the four episodes I’ve watched today at 45 minutes each…that’s about 180 minutes wasted, not counting the hours I spent downloading each episode.

Ugh. This is getting to be pathetic of me.

Anyway.

About Hellcats – I’m really glad that the show is “improving”. We get to know more about Savannah Monroe and her family. We get to see the sharp contrasts and subtle similarities between Savannah’s mom and Marti’s mom. We get to see the progress of Dan and Savannah’s relationship and the decline of Alice and Lewis.

Don’t get me wrong. The plot is still lacking. But at least it’s improving.

On The Vampire Diaries – I’m not too crazy about the flashback episode called “Memory Lane”. I guess the highlight of this episode is that Katherine really did come back for Stefan and she does love him and she wasn’t just screwing around with Damon’s head. Everything else isn’t as important.

On The Tudors – I’m liking Catherine Parr. I think Joely Richardson does a good job of it. I’m falling in love with the kid who plays Prince Edward, Eoin Murtagh. He’s just so adorable.

So I like The Tudors because I like watching historical stuff, although the series is well-known for taking great liberties from history. But I still like it.

I’ve been feeling too lazy to write. I wonder why.

Oh, btw, ate at Baja Mexican Cantina at Greenbelt 5. Loved their Carne Asado Nachos. Not sure about the name of the type of nachos that we had. But it was absolutely wonderful. The grilled chicken burritos were okay. Just okay. Very filling but it wasn’t as tasty as I thought it would be. I ended up munching on the nachos the whole time I was there.

If they were serving onion rings, I’d be happy as a Mexican on siesta. :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't have online TV, but I'll try to find something interesting and link to it some you can see which shows I enjoy watching. Some are quite funny and sometimes I learn something from the characters, such as, what not to do. LOL I like your blog. It's very nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott!

    I'm sure you have online TV, you just didn't know it. Or maybe I'm using the wrong term. :)

    Yes, please do recommend some TV shows to me. Last time someone recommended something to me, I ended up liking it but unable to really follow up. They were "Dexter" and "Mad Men".

    Glad you like my blog. That means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete