Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lazy Tuesday

Sometimes, on days like these, I wish my family had more money so that I didn’t have to go to interviews and job offers because I didn’t have to go to work in order to help out my family in its household expenses.

Yes, I am a lazy MFB.

Let me tell you all an interesting story. When I loved my job at my former company, I would refrain from being absent. And even if I was on sick leave, I would still call to check up on them and the reports they were covering for me.

Then, I started to get burnt out.

Then, I sometimes wished that I’d get into a MINOR car accident (something that would require bed rest and NOT confinement at the hospital) just so I could skip work with a valid reason for a few consecutive days.

Then I started to look for opportunities. Then I quit.

Some of you might be thinking “This is one crazy girl. She must not have any friends, let alone a boyfriend”.

Yes, I am crazy. And no I didn’t. They came much later…around the time I started to look for opportunities. Real friends are hard to find in a world where you feel like you’re part of the team, but not really. Good thing Charls came along, as well as our other friends (who unfortunately do not have blogs, therefore no need for mentioning them). Boyfriend? Well, let’s just say, he’s the most absent boyfriend and wasn’t there for me when I needed some cheering up. And yes, he reads this blog sometimes. And because he reads this blog, I will be fair and say that he is present when I need him as a friend. Recently, he rescued me from dealing with the big, bad city while I was being a damsel-without-a-car-who-didn’t-know-her-way-around-the-metro-through-commuting. And for that, I appreciate him.

More boyfriend-bashing stories on my personal blog. Oh, wait. You all have no access to that. *Evil laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment