Thursday, September 16, 2010

Food Review: KFC California Maki Twister

I’ve been pretty curious about the new KFC California Maki Twister. I’ve had their pizza twister and their Hawaiian twister (which is basically a pizza twister with pineapples). I liked their pizza twister, but the Hawaiian twister, not so much.

Anyway, I finally had the chance to try out the KFC California Maki Twister last Tuesday afternoon. I’d gone to the office to give a parting gift to a good friend who’s leaving for Dubai soon. We had lunch. Or at least I did since I arrived just when he’d finished up with lunch. Got the twister for take out for merienda.

 

IMG_0091[1]

So, on to the actual food review.

If you like raw food like I do, you probably have had a California Maki. You’d be, of course, familiar with the flavors and the taste associated with the California Maki. You with me? Ok, good. So imagine all that without the dried seaweeds.

The California Twister had a good amount of great tasting mayo and chicken. The slices of cucumber and mangoes were there, making the California maki experience complete. Maybe it was in the mayo but I could’ve sworn I tasted something fishy in there. It wasn’t bad at all. It just tasted like how a California maki should taste – sweet and crab-y.

Overall, great experience with the KFC California Twister.

Next on my list of food to try? Sunrise Bucket Chicken Wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment