Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TV: Glee: Britney/Brittany

Loving the new episode of Glee entitled “Britney/Brittany”. Here’s an episode that showcases the talents of the Glee cast, but mostly those of Heather Morris.

  • We find out that Brittany’s full name is Brittany Susan Pierce, making her Brittany S. Pierce. Get it? :)
  • Artie, Rachel and Brittany have bad teeth. Brittany’s excuse was she thought that Dr. Pepper was a dentist.
  • Can Heather dance or what? She can’t sing as well, but she dances so well! I mean we all knew that she was a dancer for Beyonce’s Single Ladies and her being a dancer was the reason she got hired on Glee. But I bet no one expected her to be this good.
  • Santana was funny coming on to Carl, played by John Stamos. I’m looking forward to a William and Carl sing off.
  • “Slave For You” was sung better by Britney Spears but danced better by Heather Morris.
  • Great performance by Brittany and Santana for “Me Against The Music”. Naya Rivera sings better than Heather. But Heather dances better than Naya.
  • IMHO, Rachel Berry RUINED “Baby, One More Time”. She got the look, just not the right sound.
  • Artie did a great version of “Stronger”. I really didn’t expect a guy to cover “Stronger” but it worked out pretty great.
  • New Directions did a great job on an acapella version of Toxic.

This episode certainly gave Heather Morris/Brittany S. Pierce the spotlight. She was funnier than ever! I noticed Naya/Santana got more lines too.

I loved the fact that Britney played herself and did not appear as a substitute teacher or a nanny or whatever.

There were great Rachel and Finn moments too. My favorite was when Finn walked away from Santana and Brittany to hold hands with Rachel.

And we discover that Rachel can be a conniving bitch. She asked Quinn to check if Finn wanted to get back with Quinn. I’m not sure if Quinn was pretending to be sad that Finn chose Rachel over her. But I kinda got the feeling that though she was a bit sad, she really didn’t care. I thought it was out of Quinn’s character given her sharp resolve in not choosing anyone from Finn and Puck. But that was way nice of her to do that for Rachel.

So far, I think Harry’s the only one left to showcase his talent in a big way. Oh wait, no. We haven’t had a Santana episode yet. And I think “Grilled Cheesus” is gonna be Kurt-centric. So I really look forward to some episodes that’ll be Mike-centric and Santana-centric. Would love to get to know more of the cast and see what they can really do.

Oh, btw, a little bird told me that Charice Pempengco aka Sunshine Corazon will be back for the fourth episode. How true? I don’t know how reliable this bird this. We’ll know soon enough.

And here’s the preview for Glee Season 2 Episode 3 entitled “Grilled Cheesus”. I think this one is gonna be a tear-jerker.

No comments:

Post a Comment