Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hellcats 1x1 Review

I didn’t like it. But I didn’t hate it.

The story line so far sucks – very formulaic. I predict that it’ll last only one season. Two at most. The writers need to come up with something great in order to keep the viewers. It’s like Bring It On meets High School Musical for TV.

Too bad, I really love Ashley Tisdale. This is such a far cry from her renowned “Sharpay” roles. She’s nice in Hellcats. And she isn’t the girl we all love to hate in this series, which is like a breath of fresh air. I was looking at her and the song “Fabulous” was coming to mind. Good thing she dyed her hair brown. If not, I would’ve half expected her to belt out a song.

As for Alyson Michalka…well, I know I’m not that pretty but she doesn’t seem to be like lead material…like she’s not pretty enough to be lead. Great dance moves, though. 

Oh wait. I think that’s it. Alyson looks too bitchy to play a girl down on her luck while Ashley looks too nice for her supposedly anti-hero role. I think they need to switch places.

I don’t know. There’s just something about Alyson that I don’t like. I don’t like how she looks. Maybe it’s her make up or her short hair. I googled her and found some pictures wherein she looks way better than she does in the series.

Two male alums from One Tree Hill are also in this series: Matt Barr (Peyton’s stalker, Derek) and Robbie Jones (Quentin Fields). No real chemistry between Matt and Alyson and Robbie and Alyson. I’d like to see Ashley with Matt in the future.

I hope as the series goes further into the season, the story gets better as well. And maybe Alyson will grow on me. Or maybe not.

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so that's why Robbie is so familiar! He's Quentin nga pala! :p I didn't love the pilot either, looks like something's missing, I find Alyson not that lovable, especially for a lead character. I hope I'll get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?

    Parang she reminds me of Peyton, but not as pretty or not as cool. Somebody on Tumblr said that Hellcats is like a cheap rip-off of One Tree Hill. I kind of agree. Kase parang si Peyton lang ung character ni Alyson. Including the hair! Pero kulang sa angst ni Peyton. And well...basta, I don't like her. You're right. She's not as lovable. Maybe I'll like her but then again maybe not.

    ReplyDelete