Friday, September 24, 2010

TV: Hellcats: Beale St. After Dark

Finally! Some drama and intrigue into this initially boring show.

I won’t go into details much but here are some of the highlights:

  • Savannah goes on a date with Dan. She’s a little tense and Lewis asks a waiter to send over some Hurricanes to help loosen up Savannah. She subsequently gets buzzed and loosens up a bit.
  • Alice gets some HGH (human growth hormone) and some other drugs from the Lancer football quarterback player to help her wrist heal faster.
  • Dan and Lewis get arrested.
  • Marti asks for help from her law school teacher to free Dan and Lewis.
  • Savannah kissed Lewis then throws up.
  • Marti and fellow law student get an important project.

I just hope that the show will improve over the next few months. I’m really rooting for Ashley Tisdale here. I’ve loved her as Sharpay Evans in the High School Musical series. Sharpay and Savannah are so different from one another, though they do have one thing in common: they both have the passion to win. Only I don’t think Savannah is willing to play dirty unlike Sharpay.

Sometimes, I forget and I almost expect Savannah to snap her fingers and be cocky. But Savannah’s character is really nice. And seeing Ashley play a nice girl role is very refreshing to me and I like it.

Here’s the promo for Episode 4:

No comments:

Post a Comment