Sunday, September 19, 2010

Of Interviews, Dates and Ice Cream

As some of you may know, I’ve been unemployed for a little over a month now. I’ve left my old company to explore new opportunities and new possibilities.


So, of course I've been looking for jobs. I've been to several interviews. I've received several invitations to final interviews and I've yet to receive feedback from them. To be very honest, I get a little nervous during interviews. For me, interviews are like going to blind dates – somebody sets you up (Recruitment team), you talk, ask questions, get to know each other a bit to see if you’re a good fit. Say one little wrong thing and it’s goodbye. If your date (the hiring manager) thinks you’re interesting enough, you get a second or third or fourth date. If you feel like you like each other a lot, you enter a relationship by means of signing a contract (the job offer) stating that you now have a commitment to each other.


But see, I’ve never been good with dates. I find them a little stressful and nerve-wracking. This is probably why I’m a serial monogamist in terms of my career and my personal relationships. You have to be intelligent, witty and decent looking. Yes, I’m all three (wink, wink) but I guess I just haven’t found my perfect match (hopefully, soon because I don’t think my pride will let me be jobless for more than a few months).


To relieve my stress from all the job-hunting I’ve done so far, I got me some ice cream. Two pints of ice cream, actually. One is Haagen-Dazs Caramel Biscuit and Cream and the other…well, let’s just say I’ve already written about it and it’s posted somewhere in this blog. :)


Anyway, I’m glad I got Haagen-Dazs Caramel Biscuit and Cream because it is simply dee-vine!! Yes, I know how to spell “divine” but I needed you to read “divine” as “dee-vine” because yes, it was that good (kind of like how people say “uh-mazing” on the internet). Delectable, creamy and just the right amount of sweetness. Yes, it is caramel but it’s not overly sweet caramel. It was soooo good that I had a hard time sharing it with my parents. In the end, I let them have a couple spoonfuls just so they would understand what I was raving about.


The taste is just so…comforting. I don’t know if there’s any other way to describe it. I dunno if it’s because it is ice cream (being comfort food in general) but I felt really…comforted, relaxed. And I’m not kidding. Like I really feel better after eating this particular ice cream. Like if this particular ice cream became a live person, this one will be your best friend giving you the best hug ever!


So I hope the following pictures will let you know how much I absolutely enjoyed Haagen-Dazs Caramel Biscuit and Cream. Hover your mouse over the pictures for some (cool) captions. :)

This is me wondering if I'll ever find my dream job and my dream guy. I remember I have ice cream!
Don't I look happy with my find? You can see the creamy goodness and chunks of caramel biscuits. YUM-MY! I made THIS picture a little bigger so you can see.
This is me delightfully eating my ice cream. Do Not Disturb! Slow melting in progress... Happiness found with Haagen-Dazs Caramel Biscuit & Cream

So you guys know what to give me if I feel a little too depressed and don’t want to take me out for some drinks. :)

But whether I get my dream job/dream guy or not, I will be eating Haagen-Dazs Caramel Biscuit and Cream. It’ll just be a matter of whether I’ll be celebrating or not. :)


1 comment:

  1. That looks so delicious! I'll try that ice cream if i can find it in the grocery store. Wow! It would be fun to hang out and eat ice cream with you. Have a nice week!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete