Sunday, September 5, 2010

Rocked Out By Camp Rock 2

I’ve been waiting for this movie to come out on Disney Channel since last week. I was tuned in to Disney Channel last night but as it turns out, Camp Rock 2 premiered tonight. Disney Channel said it would premiere on September 5, 7:30 PM and here I was tuned in by September 4. I was surprised to see another Demi Lovato movie --- Princess Protection Program.

Anyway, I digress.

While I thought that Camp Rock 1 was better than Camp Rock 2 (it was funnier and I liked the songs better), Camp Rock 2 was still okay. I don’t know…I thought there was much more of a “wow” factor with the Camp Rock 1 performances compared to the performances of both Camp Rock and Camp Star on Final Jam night. Tess didn’t seem like she was really dancing…she was like going through the motions. And Mitchie and Shane lacked the initial chemistry while singing together that they had in the initial movie. Wasn’t this supposed to be the time that they were dating? Chemistry seemed a little forced to me.

One of my favorite scenes was the part where Mitchie was encouraging her fellow campers to not back down. That was a great song with some great dance moves.

Oooh…great touch on showing the videos while Mitchie and Shane were performing.

Sweet moment when Nate was serenading Chloe.

My ultimate favorite scene from the movie was during the Camp Rock bonfire. Shane and Mitchie seemed to have more chemistry singing their camp fire song than when they were singing on-stage. I especially liked the part wherein campers from Camp Star were asking if they could sign up for Camp Rock next year.

Yes, I might be a little harsh with my review. But after all that, I secretly hope that they make a better and final Camp Rock movie. A trilogy is always better. I’m sure a lot of fans would like to see another Camp Rock movie. I just wish that the third installment is better (think HSM 3: The Senior Year’s “A Night To Remember” production number) than the first two with a great storyline. Maybe something about moving on or passing on the torch to the younger campers.

So I guess we’ll have to hope, wait and see that they make a third and final Camp Rock movie. Hey Disney, is 1 year enough to make another one? :)

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment