Monday, August 23, 2010

Being Jobless is Dangerously Fun

I have to admit it and I hate to do it but I must admit that being jobless is dangerously fun.

I’ve been doing nothing but watching my favorite TV shows and surfing the net and posting on this blog.

I’ve been getting a good night’s sleep and I’ve been able to exercise at least twice a week --- two things I’ve never been able to do while I worked for two years on the night shift.

My dream job would either be

  • travelling around the world reviewing luxury hotels and getting to experience life in other parts of the world

or

  • get paid to watch TV and then blog about them

If only I could live off my parents…but then again, my own pride won’t let that happen. I just happen to be enjoying bumming around, reading my favorite books, doing a little house chores (yes, believe it or not, I enjoy them but emphasis on a little), exercising at home and taking care of my dogs.

I’m seriously considering working at home. I guess my only concern about doing that is not being able to meet as much as people as I would compared to working in a regular office. However, my friend Janice refutes my theory saying that her cousin works from home and she gets to meet new people since they hold weekly meetings. That sounds so good to me but I figure that I’m young and I need a little more exposure.

Or maybe I should make an extra effort of going out should I choose to fully work at home.

But I digress. Bumming around is dangerously fun. I could feel the workaholic in me melting away, inch by inch every day that I’m here at home, reading my books and watching my favorite shows.

I have an interview tomorrow. I feel torn about it. Part of me wants it because I need money/income so I won’t be mooching off my parents. Part of me wishes I won’t get called for a second interview because I don’t really want my bum life to end just yet.

Oh well. I guess I really can’t have my cake and eat it too (this is a stupid expression, by the way, but I’m using it for lack of a better expression).

No comments:

Post a Comment