Sunday, August 8, 2010

Guilly’s Island Food Review

My parents and I tried out Guilly’s Island located at Glorietta 5, Makati City.

Let me tell you, the food hadn’t been served yet and I already commented that I wouldn’t go back there. Not because of the food but because the Staff were inattentive.

The moment we arrived, we could not find any waiter/waitress to seat us. Once seated, it took 5 minutes for a waiter to get us a menu but not before assuming that we were there for the Buffet Lunch (PHP 299 each). He automatically gave us Iced Tea. My parents and I did not object and we all just headed to the buffet. The choices were limited…maybe seven dishes and then the Mongolian buffet.

The advantage of Guilly’s Island over Kamayan was the fact that they had oysters and mussels. You can also pick some raw meat and ask that to be barbecued. Pretty good selection for the Mongolian bowl. I have to say that I liked that they did not measure how much meat (squid, pork, beef, chicken) you can put in your bowl. They had a good variety of sauces too. And if you didn’t like your bowl, that was your fault because you had to season your Mongolian bowl. But it would’ve been better if there was someone to ask for recommendations.

The iced tea tasted like it was made of Lipton Iced Tea, Surf detergent powder and water.

There seemed to be a shortage of tissue because the waiter actually got the one clean tissue we had on our table and used it to wipe something.

It was an overall bad experience. I don’t think anyone in my family would be coming back. I wouldn’t suggest the place to anyone.

We’ll probably go back to Mongkok. You can read my review here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment