Monday, August 23, 2010

Gone Too Soon

Before the past weekend, I’ve never heard of the name Melody Gersbach. Come Sunday morning, August 22, I learn her name and the tragedy that befell her. I felt that she was gone too soon, dead at 23. She was young and beautiful and seemed like a nice and sweet girl. But, like any other person, having not particularly known this person, I really didn’t care much. I felt sad for her surviving family and friends. I know the feeling of having lost someone to death. I can only imagine the pain they must be feeling. But still, I really didn’t care that much.

Turns out, I should. And I do now. By Sunday night, I learn that she was the girlfriend of my cousin, Toti Rocha. So now, I actually feel sad about her death and empathize greatly with my cousin.

So, Toti, this video is for you. I know it will be hard to move on and it will definitely take time but you should move on. I’m sure Melody would want you to live your life to the fullest.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment