Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We Are What We Eat and What We Do is Yoga

You are what you eat”. This is an age old adage that I was never able to fully get. I’d always rationalize like this: “If I ate only vegetables, would that mean I’m a vegetable?” Or “If I ate meat only, would that also mean that I’m a piece of meat?”

And so I looked for something that would make sense for me. What I found is an article by Giuliana Rancic entitled “He Is What He Eats”. Let me share bits and pieces for you here.

The guy who sends everything back because it’s too cold, too hot, too overdone, etc:  This guy is a perfectionist and commitment phobe.  He’ll find some reason not to settle down with you – you should move on to a different table.

The guy who suggests splitting an appetizer and then asks you to pick it:  This is a good guy – sweet, thoughtful and wants you to be happy.  Just be careful of any sneaky ex-girlfriends in the picture because someone has clearly trained him well.

The guy who suggests splitting an appetizer and orders some delicious fried calamari…after you told him you were a vegetarian:  Let’s face it, guys aren’t always the best listeners but this is a bit of a red flag.  First dates are all about first impressions and this guy just seems selfish.

The guy who finishes one type of food before he moves on to the next type.  For example, he’ll eat all his broccoli, then all his potatoes then his fish:  This is a guy who is OCD orderly – if you move in with him you better have your own bathroom.

The guy who talks with his mouth full:  Okay, this may surprise you, but there are worse traits and I think this guy may be a good catch.  He wants to hurry on with his life, multi-task, and has great enthusiasm. Just have him eat behind a sneeze guard.

The guy who wants to try everything you’ve ordered:  Okay, this is a guy who is open to new things and values your opinion.  However, if he ends up eating all your food you may want to send him back.

The guy who orders everything grilled with the sauce on the side:  He’s health conscious, metro, kinda’ sensitive and a little vain.  In other words – he’s Ryan.

The guy who eats food with just one color – all white, all brown – you get it:  Okay, I would forget him.  He’s probably a little crazy and if you hook up with him he may insist that everything in your house be one color (including your hair).

The guy who insists on ordering everything for you:  He’s probably too domineering and very traditional.  Unless you really like dating much older men (like say 99), I think you should skip him and order what you want.

The guy who after every meal says he’s had it better someplace else:  Skip him before he says he had a better girlfriend someplace else.

The guy who wants you to order for him:  Mommy issues – stay away from him, especially if he asks you to cut his meat.

I haven’t dated every type but I remember dating  Type 2. Too bad we didn’t last.

To add something of my own:

  • The guy who can’t make up his FN mind about where to eat and what type of food to get. This guy is either indecisive or too eager to please or just doesn’t care. I say ditch him and go eat wherever you want. :)

In other boring news, I’m currently practicing yoga under Tara Stiles via Youtube. I’m also considering practicing Namaste Yoga via Channel 15 aka Discovery Home and Health Channel. I need to drop like maybe 50 pounds soon. Doing the night shift made me fat. Yes, I have cup C breasts (TMI much?) but I also have an expanded waistline that goes along with that. Slimming down will get me cup A breasts and a miniature waistline. Kind of like how I started before going on the night shift. As in like how I was when I just came home from the States.

Yoga Tara Stiles style is hard! Namaste yoga is better, I think.

Wish me luck! Oh, and here’s some videos of yoga. Who knows, it might inspire some people out there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment