Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Flick: The Sorcerer’s Apprentice

220px-Sorcerers_apprentice_poster I just saw “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice” yesterday and I liked it but I don’t think it’ll make my Must Buy DVD list.


Without giving too much away (which I probably will), the plot revolves about, well, the initially reluctant sorcerer’s apprentice. Balthazar Blake (Nicholas Cage) is the sorcerer while Dave Stutler (Jake Cherry) is the nerdy looking apprentice who just loves physics.


Of course, there’s a love angle. And some fight scenes. Oh, and of course, a really cool chase scene (only because it involved mirrors). The movie was mostly funny, not really magical.
Oh, and plasma balls. I almost expected Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter to pop into the scene. Hadouken!


Anyway, the scene that I absolutely loved (but could still use some sort of improvement. What kind? I don’t know) is the Fantasia scene integrated into the movie. I think the movie paid homage to the original Disney sorcerer’s apprentice.


Here are the videos of the original Fantasia scene and the one in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.





I personally would love to have some magic in me so I could do chores with ease. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment