Wednesday, August 25, 2010

White Guys Sell Taho

For everyone (about 5 people, including my mom) who sent me an email/text message asking to update this blog if and when the two “crazy white guys” are doing something new, check out this picture:

8x4j

They’re going to try their hand at selling Taho in Marikina today.

For foreigners: Taho (pronounced as “Tah-ho”, short o)is made up of a mixture of soft, fresh tofu, brown sugar, vanilla syrup, some sago (pearl tapioca). And according to Wikipedia, the Malaysian and Indonesian equivalent of this is called Tahu. Taho is usually served hot and drank from plastic cups.

I remember when Taho vendors were allowed in our village. I would usually have them for breakfast. I remember it was PHP 5.00 for a mug-full of yummy Taho. Then I went to College. Good thing Taho was easily accessible to us students – got us through cold mornings. Great cure for a hangover in my opinion.

Anyway, I can’t wait for their video! :)

Follow them on Twitter here and as posted on their Twitter account, they will be featured on GMA 7 this coming Saturday. They didn’t say what time. Ask them, like I will. :)

Welcome back Tory and Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment