Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday: The Pretty Reckless and Travie McCoy

I must admit I didn’t have an interest in checking out Little J’s (Taylor Momsen in real life) music in The Pretty Reckless but I changed my mind after hearing bits and pieces of it in The Vampire Diaries’ The Year of the Kat promo.

This song entitled “Make Me Wanna Die” kind of reminds me of “Bring Me To Life” by Evanescence. I don’t know why. And it’s ironic because of the song titles. But I can see why this song was chosen for “The Vampire Diaries”. The song has lyrics “Every time I look in your eyes, you make me wanna die”, very much reminiscent of Stefan and Damon’s vampiric hypnotic powers. Besides, the CW has been known to support their artists’ music (hello Leighton Meester for Gossip Girl Season 3 episode soundtrack).

Anyway, here’s the video:

Here’s a song by Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars called “Billionaire”. I love this song. I like the beat and the melody. The lyrics are amusing yet realistic and echoes what every other person is thinking if and when he becomes a billionaire, including charities and other fantasies.

Comment away if you have suggestions as to what other music I should listen to. I’m currently checking out Arcade Fire. Will post about that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment